A quick little post before I take time off for Christmas and New years!
This quick and easy little green side dish is the perfect accompaniment to any Christmas roast.
It's Christmas time and I know everyone is eager to get the recipe for this dish (plus I'm pretty sure that everyone who is reading this already knows the amazing health benefits of greens!) so..........
Lets get right into the recipe!
3 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tsp dried chilli (or 1 whole chilli)
1/2 head of broccoli
1 1/2 cups of peas
2 cups of spinach
2 cups of beans
Pepper to taste
1. Crush garlic and add to a large pan on a medium heat with butter
2. Slice leek as thinly as possible, add to pan along with chilli and stir
3. Once leek is becoming translucent add broccoli which you have sliced into small pieces
4. Add beans and peas
5. Once all the vegetables are just about ready (still slightly crunchy) add the spinach
6. When spinach has wilted add a good dash of pepper
Note: Don't overcook your veggies!
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
If you need a few extra tips on how to stay balanced this Christmas, head to my Facebook page where I've revealed my top tips for getting through the festive season!
Remember, every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body,
So make good choices!