Baked Apple Delights
Winter is here and sometimes we just want something warm and comforting to eat! But we also want to avoid those nasty processed ingredients & refined sugars.
My baked apple delights are perfectly paired with a cup of tea, while curled up on the couch with a blanket and your favourite TV show or movie.
This recipe is so easy to follow and great for those nights where you just feel like having something a little sweet.
You'll notice in this recipe I use dark brown sugar. You don't have to use it, you can replace it with honey or maple syrup (or even no sweeteners at all) - I just had some dark brown sugar in the cupboard and decided to use that instead. You're all probably thinking that it's strange for a nutritionist to be using sugar, however I believe in moderation. There is only a sprinkle on each apple. But like I said, use what you feel comfortable using!
3 - 4 sweet apples (this recipe works best with apples that are over ripe)
1 tablespoon of sweetener of choice (honey/maple syrup/dark brown sugar)
2 tablespoons of puffed rice
2 tablespoons of almond flakes
2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of oats
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (celsius)
2. Core apples & cut in half
3. Place apples in a dish, skin down
4. Sprinkle/drizzle sweeter over apples and place in the oven for 30 minutes
5. Take apples out of the oven and sprinkle over oats, coconut & almonds. Return to oven for another 10 minutes
6. Take apples out of the oven and sprinkle over puffed rice and return to oven for another 2 minutes
And that's it!
Super dooper easy :)
Just remember, every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body. So make good choices!