Many people ask me which almond milk I use, so I decided to write a post about it! Almond milk is a great substitution for those who can't have dairy or soy. Many people have different preferences and checklists for almond milk, but for me its simple: I choose mine based on how natural it is & what percentage of almonds they contain.
Here are the reasons why:
1. They both contain 10% almonds. Many other brands on the market have as little as 2% almonds in their so called 'almond' milk (Does it even count as almond milk if there's only 2% almonds?? More like almond flavoured water 😂)
2. They don't add any artificial ingredients!
3. They just happen to be organic & activated - I don't choose my almond milk based on 'activation' so this is just a bonus in these brands
4. You can buy these from the supermarket! No need to drive around the countryside to find good almond milk.
5. There are only 4 ingredients: Water, Almonds, Rice Syrup & Salt.
6. For those of you who are from Gippsland like me, you'll be happy to know that Pureharvest is located in Drouin! So it's nice to support local as well :)
7. Both brands use Australian almonds
Pure harvest is $3.39 for 1L at Woolworths and Nutty Bruce is $5 for 1L
So if you have almond milk in the fridge/cupboard - have a read of the ingredients listing. Does your almond milk measure up?
Remember, every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body - so make good choices!