A little while back I posted a photo on Facebook of an easy weeknight meal that I had made. Zucchini, haloumi & pea fritters.
What's to love about them?
1. They taste great!
2. You are enjoying a cafe style meal at home and you know exactly what ingredients have been used
3. They are nutritious and packed with veggies
4. They are versatile, you can have them with any type of side dish you like
1 pack of haloumi, grated
2 cups of frozen baby peas
1 large zucchini or 2 small zucchini, grated
1 spring onion
1/4 cup of chives
1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of spelt flour (you could also use buckwheat flour for GF option)
1 cup of liquid of choice - almond milk, rice milk, cows milk or water
Paprika or chilli to your liking
*I also added a side of steamed broccolini which is pretty self explanatory
1. Add all the fritter ingredients to a bowl and combine well
2. In a large pan, add a tablespoon of coconut oil
3. Form batter into fritters and place in the pan on a medium heat
4. Cook until golden on each side - when you push down on the fritter it should be firm & springy - not squishy or soft
5. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half
6. Dice the avocado
7. Add tomatoes, avocado, rocket & pepita seeds into a bowl
8. Drizzle over olive oil & vinegar
9. Add salt & pepper to taste
10. Once fritters are cooked, serve with salad & steamed broccolini
Remember, every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body. So make good choices!